Thursday, November 8, 2007

thursday, good day

last night for dinner i had shepherd's pie (pc blue menu) and then tortilla rounds with melted tostitos cheese dip, so don't worry, i obviously ate all my points. today i could have brought some leftover pie to work for lunch, but decided that i wanted it for dinner instead. oh boy, how exciting. i didn't wear my new jacket, even though it is freezing outside. i'm just not sure i got the right size, so i'm going to go back and try on all the options before i cut the tags off. i always do this!

random: i get the weirdest spam in my email inbox at work. example subject headings include, "Don't be afraid to take off your pants in her bedroom," "You will work wonders in bed with your new long and stiff magic love stick," and my personal favourite, "The most defiant fillies will strive for riding your new big Italian stallion." defiant fillies? somebody is obviously thinking hard to come up with this stuff... it's better than j. peterman's catalogue.

today is going to be an active annie day. 1) i am going to complete day 2 week 6 of the couch to 5k program, either at lunch or after work at the 2) gym, where i will pump it up big time. i am not allowed to go home until 7pm anyway, because my landlord is showing the apartment to prospective tenants.

i got this list of "superfoods" in my email this morning, of good for you foods to keep onhand:

Vegetables:
Red, yellow, and orange peppers
Mushrooms
Romaine Lettuce
Carrots, baby and regular
Kale and other greens
Garlic
Onions
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Sweet potatoes
Spinach
Green onions
Winter squash
Cabbage
Beets
Tomatoes

Fruits:
Apples
Red grapefruit
Melons, any kind
Dried apricots
Red grapes
Prunes
Oranges
Berries, any kind

Dairy:
Skim or 1% milk
Low fat yogurt with active cultures
Low fat cottage cheese

Meats and Seafood:
Fresh fish, unbreaded
Salmon, canned or fresh
Tuna, canned or fresh
Lean, fresh beef, poultry or pork
Eggs
Soup beans, caned or dried
Veggie burgers
Nuts and seeds

Grains:
100% whole wheat bread, bagels, pitas
Whole wheat pasta
Cornmeal
Millet
Bulgur
Brown rice
Whole wheat pancake mix
Oatmeal
Shredded Wheat
Dry cereal with >3 grams fiber
Low fat Triscuit crackers
Wasa fiber rye crackers

Miscellaneous:
Extra virgin olive oil
Black olives
Dark (not milk) chocolate
Green tea
Salsa
Calcium-fortified juice

and here is today's menu:

breakfast:
1/3 cup oatmeal (2)
1/2 cup pumpkin (0)
2/19

snack:
chocolate chip banana bran muffin (1)
3/19

lunch:
2 slices bread (2)
chili (3)
8/19

snacks:
yogurt (1)
banana (2)
11/19

dinner:
leftover shepherd's pie (8)
greeny mcbeanies (0)
19/19

snack:
popcorn (3)
22/19

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Gotta love the Spam...who comes up with this crap?

Thanks for the list of Super foods. It feels great to see a lot of my daily menu items on there!

Seriously?!?! Ryan Gosling down the street??? I'm sure I would have been arrested for stalking.

marie said...

I always laugh at the spam I get in my work inbox.

Yesterday I was asked "don't you think it's time to stop being a loser with a tiny pen!s?" (including the !)

Oh to be a creative writer for these spammers! Must be quite the lucrative career!

Sara said...

First off - what is the Ryan Gosling thing?

Secondly, how did your eating plan go yesterday with just eating when you felt like it?

Thirdly, the super foods looks very similar to the Core Food List bar the bread.

And Finally, Love Love Love that jacket!

eurydice said...

Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams used to live a few houses down the street from me, here in the Annex. Of course they don't anymore. But I used to see them out and about together.

Sara: It went pretty well. I felt very free. I liked being able to eat pretty much whatever I wanted for dinner and not feeling hungry before bed, which sometimes happens if I use my points earlier in the day. So I think I'll keep it up if I can and if I have tons of points leftover, I'll just eat a fattier dinner.