Tuesday, September 2, 2008

first day, not so great

well, day one back on plan wasn't so hot. i managed to stay on track all day, eating within my points, exercising, feeling great about myself, then hit the cupboards at 12am. i could have gone to bed too. i made the choice. boo on me!

but today is a new day. it's not like i "failed" yesterday because that would mean giving up and i'm not doing that. but still... the idea that i can't even stay on the plan for one day is pretty disheartening.

in other news, i went rollerblading yesterday and really REALLY shouldn't have because afterward my bum pain (sciatica) which was pretty much gone, was back with a vengeance. it's not feeling as bad today so i think it was just a scare telling me not to go rollerblading just yet.

my mom gave me a package of mccain oven roasted sweet potatoes and they were SO GOOD. and pretty good points wise as well. i think for 3/4 cup or 85g it was only 100 calories. and so yummy. did i mention yummy?

i need some excitement today so i am going to 1) whole foods (yes, there is one in toronto but i hardly ever go and 2) canadian tire to get some sort of beach chair. i want to make the most of the summer we've got left by reading on the beach. with sunscreen and a wide-brimmed hat of course. i just really want to be leaving the house. so i'm doing those two things, then i will come back and go for a swim, and then maybe hit up the beach. by beach i mean lake ontario.

today i will stay on plan. i will i will i will. and my allergies are out of control today. is anyone else experiencing this?

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Gah, stupid long weekend boredom!

You are so lucky to be able to go sit at the beach. I'd like the weather to be nice enough just to sit on my deck for more than 20 minutes!

Erin said...

That is always my problem - hitting the cupboards in the evening!

You will do great today!

I want to go to Whole Foods! I ran out of time when I was in Toronto the other week, but I really wanted to go.

Mrs Furious said...

Good luck today. And you're right... it's breaking out of the "I failed" mentality that makes the difference between success and sabotage.

Enjoy the beach :)

carla said...

my allergies are bad too.
and for some reason they cry out for SUGAR (no. Im not joking.)

hope today was a better, err, I mean I KNOW today was a better day for you.

Miz.

Vanessa said...

Hope you have a good OP day today!