Thursday, September 25, 2008

another busy day

today is another busy one! so, here is a list:

1) my interview yesterday was alright, nothing special. the position is a maternity leave 1 year contract with no benefits, and i'd rather have something more permanent if i can help it.

2) i finished my finance article, but not without having to completely revise my topic after interviewing a mortgage broker.

3) i had a great, long swim of 2250 metres.

4) for dinner i made this salad concoction of stuff i had in my fridge. and then in the night i wasn't feeling so hot and i threw up. the salad was kind of gross but i ate it anyway... i tried to make my own dressing, that was the problem. i probably won't be eating tuna, or raw spinach for awhile... :o(

5) today i am going back to the burbs to work at my mom's office.

6) it is also her birthday - hooray! so i'm going to pick up flowers on the way.

7) book club tonight. i didn't finish the book and won't have time to. :(

8) but today my boyfriend comes home - he was away at a camp all week. :)

9) this morning i ran day one week two of the couch to 5k since i knew i wouldn't have time to later.

10) this morning i made the MOST DELICIOUS oatmeal ever. i brewed a cup of gingerbread spice (a christmas tea) and then used that in the regular oats instead of water. it was unreal. and i added some sweetener, 1/4 cup all bran, and 1/3 cup 1% cottage cheese for a giant delicious bowl. and only 3 points!

8 comments:

Jaime said...

Boooo....sorry you were sick! Hope it passed.

Happy Bday to your Mommy!

Welcome home to BF!

Good luck with the jobs!

And who woulda thought of using tea insteada plain old water? You are so SMART!

Carolyn said...

Tea in oatmeal is super smart! I have flavored coffee at home that would be to die for! Thanks for the idea.

Wowsa you are one busy girl! Glad to hear you are back to running!

HC said...

Tea in oatmeal? Genius!

Jen said...

Oh yum!!!! That sounds so good!!!

I hope you find something more permanent work wise...I definitely would want something with security and incentives as well!!!

Hope your sicky was just a one time thing...I have some things that I can never eat again because I watched Danny throw them up...blech...

Fatinah said...

holy noodle - that is a lot of metres to swim!!

meredi said...

Eeek, no benefits? That's brutal. What kind of job are you looking for?

Crissy Rae said...

oh yeah, you definitely were a busy bee. great job on the swim-swimming rules!

carla said...

oooh hope the boyfriend reuniteage was fab :)

Miz.