Thursday, June 12, 2008

too tight

my fuel belt is awesome. yesterday i went for a long run on the lakeshore by lake ontario. it was so beautiful and different from my normal city runs. instead of looking at dresses in the windows of shops, i was looking out at the calm waters, at birds and boats and waves... nice. i don't know how far i went but i decided to turn around when i hit 250 calories on my HRM. it was a very long run! probably between 7 and 8 miles... my longest run yet.

on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being really annoying and 10 being the greatest thing of all time, i would rate my fuel belt a 9. it's wonderful. i really couldn't feel any difference in weight on my back or around my waist. the velcro was really strong and i didn't have any doubts that it would stay on during my run. i made sure to only drink 4 oz. of water at a time and spread it out over my run (which took about an hour and 20 minutes) and i felt hydrated and motivated to keep going the entire time. the fuel belt is worth $50 for sure.

this morning i got up early and did 20 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill, with a 5-minute warm up and cool down as well. it didn't feel as intense as the first time i tried it (on monday) so for the last half i upped my intense runs from 8.5 mph to 9.0 mph. it's tougher, but doable, so i might as well be doing that instead. then i did some arm weights, lunges, and sit-ups.

for some reason i am feeling like a real fatty mcbutterpants today. the reason is that i am wearing jeans that i have not worn in awhile (due to heat) and they are tight. not in my stomach but in my thighs. i can't remember if they always feel like this and maybe i am just used to the loosey-goosey clothes of summer, or if they shouldn't feel like this and i've gained weight. needless to say i am not looking forward to weighing in tomorrow. of course i'll do it, but still.

these tight pants put me in a poo mood today. i rode my bike to work, and the whole way, i couldn't help but think nasty thoughts about people who are naturally thin, and who eat things like chocolate chip muffins from tim hortons for breakfast, and don't exercise. if i had a "cheat" day, i would definitely eat a chocolate chip muffin from tim hortons for breakfast. maybe some peanut thai curry for lunch, and some alfredo pasta for dinner. carbolicious.

i have since calmed down. i am a firm believer that you can turn your mood around by "choosing" to do so... i am happy and in a good mood. yes, so happy. :o)

today i'm eating:

pre workout:
all bran bar

post workout:
big iced coffee with sugar-free caramel syrup

breakfast:
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup wheat berries
1 T splenda
1 t cinnamon
1 banana
1 T flax
2 T PB2

snack:
1/2 cup blackberries
1 source yogurt

lunch:
big spinach salad with
mushrooms
carrots
tomatoes
sun-dried tomatoes
wheat berries
thai sesame dressing
1 can white chunk tuna

snack:
nature valley pb crunch granola bar (pack of 2)
source yogurt

dinner:
?

13 comments:

Carolyn said...

The way a pair of pants fit can alter my whole day! Usually Monday are my tighter pant days since I seem to be over indulging on the weekends and it ruins my whole day! I hate that!

Congrats on the run. 9mph...wowsa!

Erin said...

I always wonder about people like that - who never even think about what they are going to eat until meal time, they just grab whatever they feel like, and seem to be naturally thin. I hate them. Somedays I get to sick of planning my meals for the day - and not eating yummy things like muffins. But...I am not naturally thin. I don't like those people. I wore tight jeans yesterday and felt SOOOOO fat. I think it is the summer clothing thing. I hope.

Anonymous said...

omg you made me want a chocolate chip muffin from tim's soooo yummy.

Jen said...

You are too cute!!

My mom used to make me SO angry with the "power of positive thinking" stuff...but now I totally believe it!!!

Ohmigod, I shudder to think what I would eat on a cheat day...hence, NO cheat day!!!

Randi said...

Oh yeah, carbalicious for sure! (but really, eating that for a day would be ok you know. 1 day will not make you fat. Plus the extra calories are probably the same as just a night of boozing and that's all carbs)

Dude, you biked to work, went for a big run and then a HIIT. You are not fatty mcbutterpants. Maybe you're getting some muscles in your thighs making pants tight. Or maybe you just dried them too hot and they shrunk a bit.

P.O.M. said...

Maybe the pants are tight on your legs because you're getting more muscular. Since they are not tight in the waist, it's not like you've gained fat. Also, after an intense workout, your legs might be a little swollen.

I'm sure your weigh in will be fine. You are kickin' butt!

Sara said...

Maybe you aren't gaining weight but muscle in your legs from your powerhouse runs and HIITs!!!

Congrats on an awesome sounding run!!

Christy said...

what a good reminder that it's up to us to change our mood - we have to make a conscience decision to push away bad unhappy thoughts and bring in happy ones! Thank you :)

Robin said...

Fatty McButterpants LOL

As much as you are working out, if anything your muscle is getting bigger. don't let it get you down.

Shelley said...

I'm glad your belt worked for you. I like mine a lot too...it is pretty comfortable.

I can't believe you weigh 119 pounds and feel fat! But I guess we all have those days.

Angela Power said...

Ugh - the tight pants is always a real pisser!

I have to say the thought of you running along the water early in the morning put such a nice picture in my head. If only I could get up to do that before I get ready for the day would be awesome. I am thinking about trying it on Monday mornings to get a HIIT in before work and after work just on that one day.

RYC:I use Ultimate Protein - it's a line creaded by Brad King www.fatwars.com

carla said...

Im with you on that and hath been known to BITE my sweet husbands head off merely due to the anger resulting from too constricting bottoms.

it gets ugly.

MizFit

Kelly Olexa said...

I truly cannot stop laughing at "Fatty McButterpants". That is priceless.