Wednesday, June 25, 2008

blah blah blah

last night was my book club. you can see the book in the posting below. this book was awesome! it was about this young man in the 1920s (i think) who joins the circus. it is very exciting and descriptive... the idea of a traveling circus is really interesting to me. our next book is the 1966 classic "valley of the dolls" and i'm really looking forward to reading it.

last night after my book club i came home and ate leftover birthday cake. why? i don't know. i should just throw it out. i didn't get home until 11:30 (late!) and i hadn't been home all day long, because i had to finish the book in time for the meeting. i had two glasses of wine at the restaurant and maybe that's why i thought the cake was such a good idea. 1) it didn't even taste that good (but i can recall it tasting amazing at the party) and 2) it make me feel too full and like a giant tub of blob which is not a good feeling either. i am going to commit this feeling to memory and the next time i want something like leftover cake, try and remember how it didn't really do it for me.

today is another long day because it's my sewing class after work until 9pm. when will the madness end? just kidding. i don't mind but my apartment is très sale. thankfully i do not care (yet) because i am not having any parties this weekend :). and i can clean tomorrow. or friday. or whenever. who cares? not me.

today i got up and went for a quick 4-mile run. i didn't wear my hrm, but when i do wear it, i assume it's accurate. i mean, why wouldn't it be? the heart rate goes up when i go up hills or work harder, so i assume it's giving me the correct calorie burn (p.o.m.) but maybe it isn't. i guess it's not a bad thing to be burning more calories than i think i am, right? i've heard that people burn roughly 100 calories per mile, but i do have really low blood pressure. does that matter? and you know, to assume makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me." i know, i'm so funny...

i think my body hates extreme amounts of sugar! blah blah blah...

9 comments:

HC said...

Ooo...Valley of the Dolls -- love that book. Rent the movie when you're done! :)

Jaime said...

Every time you talk about a book I add it to my list. My list is VERY LONG now! haha.

If you like travelling circusy stuff, you and your honey should watch the few seasons of Carnivale on DVD. Unfortunately it didn't last long, but it was a cool concept.

I hear you on the cake. I always do that...eat something I think I want only to realize it wasn't worth it. Argh. Throw out the cake!

Carolyn said...

I ate my birthday cake over a peiod of 4 days. Why didn't I just throw it out?!?!

Do it now....save yourself!

Unknown said...

Thank sweet baby jesus we never have birthday cakes lying around. Except once we did. And neither of us could stay out of it. And after about 24 hours we had to throw it away because it was far too dangerous and pants were already tight.

I admire your ability to not care about the state of your apartment. I have extreme ADD until all is neat and tidy. It would certainly behoove me to take on a similar disposition.

Jen said...

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate cake incident...I have been known to "ruin" stuff so that I don't eat it...horrible that I have to, but it's sometimes the case...good for you for remembering the feeling though!!!

I like to think my HRM is accurate...I don't know though, I need to do more research, at the end of my last step class the instructor asked how many cals I burned and I told her and she said well you can expect WAY more to be burned than that! And I just don't get it...

eurydice said...

haley - it's our book club plan to watch the movie after discussing the book!

bionic & carolyn - i will throw out the rest tonight. :(

thickchick - normally i care more about it... last week i was anal about cleaning before my party, so this week i'm slacking.

jen - i don't get it either. if it measures your heart beats it's got to be accurate right? i mean, more accurate than someone else just telling you what you've burned!

Crissy Rae said...

you are quite funny in this post..got a smile and chuckle from me. I must say, you are a busy girl with the book club and sewing class. It's great that you're so busy and doing creative things. It's nice to get some great book ideas too!

P.O.M. said...

True true. Plus you weigh a lot less than me, and I think you burn less the smaller you are.

I envy your sewing skills. I would love to learn to sew. I can barely fix a button.

carla said...

for me it would have been all about your parenthetical aside the RECALLING HOW FANTASTIC IT WAS.

I never seem to learn on that one.
or the sugar hangovers.


Miz.