Thursday, June 26, 2008

feels like friday

but it's only thursday. starting this week my work has been doing "summer hours" which sounds like a nice idea because on friday you get to go home at 1pm (sweet) but you have to make up the time on the other days which makes for some pretty long, tedious days.

last night was sewing class. trust me people, i am not a good sewer although i am improving and practice is the only thing i can do. last week we didn't do any sewing and this week i was expected to serge my fabric and i forgot how to thread the machine. not the serger, whoever can thread that crazy machine is a genius, but the regular machine. i felt like such a dumb dora. but it turned out okay. i serged around the edges of all my fabric and by the end felt very confident about my serging and then i made darts in the top of the dress, which is basically sewing triangles into the fabric so that it fits around your body. like the pleats on a pant, although who wears pleated pants i don't know!

this morning i ran 3 x 10 minutes at the gym, and did arm weights and sit-ups in between. short but good workout.

i am reading this book about running. "the real woman's guide to running," by liz yelling. it's alright. it talks about how to get started running (if you don't run), and how to go longer and faster if you already run. i like that it is all geared to women. it talks about what you need for summer and winter running, what to eat, what to expect... there are event training programs for 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathon and marathon races, for beginners, and for seasoned runners.


i am also reading "remember me?" by sophie kinsella, author of those shopaholic books. i love reading chick lit, especially in the summer. :)


speaking of summer, it seems that this summer i am obsessed with fruit. it's nature's candy and it's sooooo good. i love it all (except melons... bleh). today i am eating raspberries, blackberries, cherries (with my breakfast), a banana and a peach with my lunch, and an apple for a snack. mmmmm fruit.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love fruit too. YUM. Today I am eating an apple, cherries, blueberries, and strawberries. YUM.

Carolyn said...

I WISH it was Friday....Hoo humm.

I love fruit and I don't know if it's the summer months or what but I can't seem to get enough lately. Grapes, apples, pears, peaches, nectarines, and especially pineapple. Yum!!

Sarah said...

I LOVE summer fruit. Delicious.

Jen said...

mmmm....nothing better than fruit in the summer (except for maybe chick-lit!) I just wish we got better product in Northern Alberta (I am keeping my eyes peeled for the BC fruit truck)

I am a terrible seamstress...one day maybe...but I can't sew to save my life!!!!

Jaime said...

I tried sewing as a teenager, and probably could've been good at it, but I've never looked back...so I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I picked up some new chick lit the last time I was at Costco. Maybe that's why I'm having trouble getting through The Other Boleyn Girl...because it's nice out and that isn't really Summer reading. Maybe I should put it on hiatus and try my chick lit?

Fruit!! Apparently this is berry country here where we live...so I've gotta find out where the locals sell their wears!

P.O.M. said...

I love fruit too. Heading to my local farmers market tomorrow to stock up on fresh stuff for a VERY discounted price. I love it!

N.D. said...

Sewing is so hard to do when you don't do it everyday. I haven't done it since last summer but I'm going to break out the machine next week.

The fruit made me hungry!

carla said...

I HEART THE KINSELLA (and Im not ashamed to say so)

MizFit

carla said...

(ok Im a little ashamed to say so but Im working on it with my therapist)

Erin said...

I am always in love with fruit, it is like candy to me. I want to read that Sopie Kinsella book. Her books are a guilty pleasure of mine. It is just annoying that they are such fast reads! You pay money for them and then they are over before you know it. The Cherry Pie Larabars are NOT my favourite, which sucks since they are one of the flavours in the Costco pack. My favourite is Pecan Pie. Yum.

Lex said...

hahaa I LOVE FRUIT!! omgggggggggg!!

I read that sophie kinsella book when it first came out. i absolutely love her books - though, this one wasn't as good for me as the others were.
I did like the lex & loser Dave though. it was a bit humorous to me, though loser dave is nothing like my dave!