Friday, June 20, 2008

my plan worked


yes that's a pogo stick a.k.a. corn dog. it has been a very long week and it's almost over... hallelujah! last night i got a lot of stuff done. it's true, i am very organized. but i have to be because i know myself and i tend to get really flapped out about not having enough time to get everything i want done. i used to have a problem with anxiety and i think the main reason that i'm cool as a cucumber all the time now is because i burn off all my energy at the gym. seriously, like my dad says, if i were any calmer, i'd be dead!

i almost freaked out last night. i got home from work, and decided to clean the inside of the fridge before i went shopping for any party foods. so i cleaned it, and then was taking a coffee break on my balcony, when i realized how much i had left to do. too bad i wasn't wearing my heart rate monitor, because i'm sure my bpm was going up and up. it ended up alright though. i went to the dollar store and the cheap ass no frills for party supplies. then i came home and cleaned until 2am!

the only things i didn't do are a) wash the floors b) sew/fix this tiny hole in my couch and c) windex the balcony doors - there are doors in the living room and the bedroom. i figure why bother washing the floors now when i can do it on saturday, and my boyfriend can windex the doors. "is there anything i can do to help?" why yes, yes there is!

so. all clean, laundry is done, speakers set up and songs uploaded, food and decorations bought. now i need booze. BOOZE.

obviously i didn't work out this morning because i was up so late. but my internal alarm woke me up at 6:45. stupid internal alarm. i tossed and turned for a while and then got up. friday is weigh-in day. last friday i was 121.8, on saturday 123, on monday 122.8 and today.... 117.8! yes people, that's a 5-pound drop from monday to today. i really stopped the madness.

today on the menu is:

coffee
more coffee

cherries

protein oatmeal:
1 scoop protein powder (vanilla)
1 packet pc blue menu multigrain oatmeal
1 T flax
cinnamon
splenda
1/2 banana

carrots with hummus
peanut butter and 1/2 banana sandwich on whole wheat
source yogurt and grapes

granny smith apple (why is called "granny smith" anyway?)

dinner ?
have a great weekend everybody :o)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love granny smiths. So YUMMY!!!!!! I know your party will be fabulous just like YOU. Have a great time.

HC said...

Cute corn dog! Have a great party!

Jen said...

WOOOOOO! That is awesome!!!! Your plan TOTALLY kicked bum!!!!

Sounds like you got everything together perfectly!!!

And I am envious...calm is NEVER a word someone would use to describe me...

Robin said...

Glad your plan worked. That is awesome. Have a great party!

Jaime said...

Good job!! I'm so like that too. I'll stay up cleaning just make it perfect. Although I will say that since I've had a dog that sheds like there is no tomorrow, I have relaxed a little. I had too...no one can vacuum THAT much. haha.

Good luck with your party...it sounds like a gooder!!

Crissy Rae said...

Awesome weight loss girl! Sounds like you've been a busy bee this week. I'm sure your party will be loads of fun. Enjoy yourself!

P.O.M. said...

Your party is going to rock.
Nice job on the loss. I am stuck at 131 right now. Maybe after a crazy workout weekend I might actually see 130.

carla said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARTY DAY!

enjoy!

MizFit

Fatinah said...

so glad your plan worked and that you're back to a # you feel comfy with.

Have a great party!!!!!

PS: crap - now I could go for a corn dog! HAHA

healthy ashley said...

Congratulations on the conquer!!