Thursday, June 5, 2008

finally the day has arrived

what day is that? the day i am going to see sex and the city with my girlyfriends, that's what. i wanted to avoid the crowds in the theatres on opening weekend because i can be easily bothered at the movies. and in life. people doing things like talking too loudly or hitting the back of my seat really puts me into a rage. food noises don't really bother me (at the movies haha).

i brought my dinner to work (to avoid eating a giant popcorn) and then i'm going to walk to the theatre. the show starts at 6:50, which is good because we are going to my friend's house to have a few drinks after, and i heard that the movie is 2 and a half hours long. that's long! but good... almost like 5 episodes of the show. :)

i got new running shoes in the mail yesterday. yahoo! the bad part is i had to pay $25 duty tax on them... crap! but still, even with the duty they are less than $50 than what i would have paid in store. i got the mizuno wave inspire 4's.

aren't they pretty? they are just like my mizuno wave inspire 3's, but the blue is less teal-like, and more of a dim aqua. at first i was put off by this but then i realized i was put off by the colour of my old shoes when i first got them. i love my running shoes and i have grown to think they are pretty, but really, i think running shoes in general are ugly. they are so big and bulky and not fashion. if i could give anyone fashion tips i would say (to start) the following two things: 1) unless you are doing physical activities (for example, running, any sports, even walking to work...) there is no need to wear your big, bulky, running shoes. i know they are comfortable but still, come on. what would stacey and clinton say? i know what they would say... she would be appalled and he would be horrified. and please don't wear them with jeans... oh, the horror! (it's like every dad's style... along with the jean tuxedo) and 2) no khaki pants. if i went on a date with a man who was wearing khaki pants, it would be a deal breaker. harsh? maybe.

now that i have that out of my system... this morning i went on a 4-mile run around town. it wasn't hot out but it must have been humid because when i came back i was a sweaty betty. i then turn on the tap to take a shower and realize that there is NO HOT WATER... ahhhhhhhh! this is very rare since i live in a condo and there is always hot water. i could be running the dishwasher, the laundry machine, and taking a bath and there would still be hot water. not that i wash my clothes in hot... just saying. i stuck my head under the tub tap to wash my hair... brrrr.... talk about brain freeze. i wash my hair everyday anyway, so the thought of not washing it after it's soaked with sweat isn't that appealing to me. then i did a wash-cloth wipe down everywhere else. i hope the hot water comes back soon...! although it is supposed to be 30°C tomorrow and all this weekend so maybe i need some cool refreshing showers.

yesterday i bought peanut butter and co. natural peanut butter. i've never bought natural peanut butter before. it's amazing. the only ingredients are peanuts, and salt. it's all oily at the top so it has to be stirred. for the past year or two i was using PB2 because it is only 50 calories for 2 T and regular peanut butter is 200 cals for 2 T... big difference. but i think now that i am at a pretty stable weight i can "live it up" with regular peanut butter. also i'm trying to incorporate more healthy fats into my diet. filling fats... so that i can eat less but feel more satisfied overall. and isn't the jar so cute? those kraft bears have nothing on this jar!


enough blabbing! today's menu is:

1/2 small banana with 1t natural pb

1/4 cup cheerios with 1/2 small banana and 1/4 cup unsweetened almond breeze

1/2 cup cherries

quaker weight control cinnamon oatmeal
with 1 T ground flax
1/2 pack regular oatmeal
1/4 cup wheatberries

1/2 cup plain 2% yogurt
1 t no sugar added raspberry jam
1/4 cup wheatberries

3/4 cup quinoa
1 serving red lentil curry with spinach and tomatoes
1/2 cup mashed sweet potato/cauliflower mix

and i'm bringing a rebar to the movies just in case. a rebar is " a blend of 20 different fruits and vegetables with no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives - each bar is made with 2 cups organic fruit and 2 cups organic vegetables to make for the most nutritious pocket-sized snack available." and 160 calories, 6 g fibre, 2 g protein. i have never tried this before... but it sounds great!

8 comments:

HC said...

Enjoy the movie!

And please tell us how the Rebar works out -- I'm always looking for tastey bars... :)

Jen said...

EEE I am jealous...my SATC movie night isn't until Monday...boo!!! But I HATE big crowds at the movies...so it's take it or leave it right???

Your new runners ARE cute! I am in agreement about the sneaker thing!! I have to wear my ratty sneakers in and out of work (concrete yard) so I usually bring my cute ones for inside and then if I have to run errands...but sometimes I forget my good shoes at work and I look like a dork...

I have to disagree on the khakis just because my husband wears khaki pants (not fancy ones but you know, chinos) and yeah, I think he looks cute...but it's his style!

P.O.M. said...

Love your Mizunos - for RUNNING of course. ha ha. I have to add to that rant. WHY do people wear running shorts when they are not running? I love my running shorts and think they are adorable (FOR RUNNING) but not for walking around town or going shopping or something. Half the time you can tell that the wear-er of the running shorts is NOT even a runner!

Anonymous said...

i can't wait for you to see it. you will love it. i love your purdy shoes and definately agree with your stacy and clinton talk. :)

Lex said...

Yay I got to see SATC tonight too!! IT WAS GREAT!!!

I think your runners are cute!! And I love your fashion tips... "what would Stacy & Clinton say.." AHhaha Loves it!

that rebar looks & sounds yummers!

Lex said...

ps.. love the new colorfulness of your blog! :)

Erin said...

Ha ha! Jean tuxedo....

I love, love natural PB. I don`t think that I will ever go back to the regular kind.

carla said...

Im one of the few now who hasnt seen the movie I guess.

and I also wondered if youve tried the PB2?

I LOVE IT!

MizFit