Tuesday, June 17, 2008

birthday willpower


good morning everyone. today is my birthday. i am now 27 years old. whoo-pa-dee-do!

i didn't do any HIIT last night. i was too pooped and had too much to do. i painted my old desk pink, did blue paint touch-ups in the bathroom, dyed my hair (it is medium brown naturally and i dye it dark brown but it always fades... nothing too exciting), and washed and dried the fabric i bought for my summer-dress sewing class, which starts tomorrow.

this morning i did 3 x 10 minute running on the treadmill, with arm weights in between, and then some stretches and sit-ups after. i am still following my plan (see yesterday) even though it's my birthday. i am not doing anything anyway so there is no point eating cake and other fatty stuff alone. already the plan is working and i'm excited to see what will happen after two days... then three... then four! (then stopping... )

the protein powder really helped to keep me full yesterday. i mixed it with some unsweetened almond breeze, ice, and banana. you don't have to worry about gaining weight from drinking it because it's an isolate which means it's the purest form of protein they can make into powder (or at least i think that's what that means...), and because it's only 110 calories and 1g of fat per serving. also, it doesn't really have a texture. it is not grainy or anything like that. i mixed mine with my blender on a stick and it just tasted creamy and yummy.

i am having a party on saturday and made a giant to-do list of all the things i have to get done. seriously it's very very long. tonight i have to do some cleaning, and maybe make a trip to the dollar store for party supplies (like plastic cups and forks, and tablecloths). that's really all i have to say today.

EDIT: all that talk about staying on plan probably won't happen... i thought my bf "forgot" about my birthday but he didn't (he was joking... hahaha... funny... hmmmm) and now we have plans tonight. i will keep in check though... and i don't need cake because there will be some at the party on saturday.

25 comments:

Jaime said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

and what do you mean you aren't doing anything? Isn't your man treating you to a fabulous birthday dinner or something? Geeeeze. :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLIE. I agree with Bionic, why no birthday dinna?

carla said...

happy birthday you spring chicken!

have a great day. Im impressed you still hauled yer arse to the gym...

MizFit who loves the protein powder as well...

cinemarie said...

Happy Birthday!

Like your blog, by the way :)

Erin said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! You are a dedicated girl to stay on plan for your birthday!

Do you know what kind of powder you have? I want to get one, but I am so confused....What are the calories like?

P.O.M. said...

Happy birthday!!!
Glad the BF was just joking!
Have a fantastic night.

PS: I am always impressed with how much STUFF you get done after work. I usually just cook dinner, veg out for an hour and go to bed. Maybe read if I'm lucky.

Jaime said...

Wooohoooo! Yaieee boyfriend!

As for having a dog...you would think it would make for more walking because of the feeling of obligation...but just like everything else in life, the interest in that can wane. Our dog is quite content to be a house dog and just go out on his leash to do his business...so once I started to lose interest, it was all downhill from there. The dog is 10 now, and I don't think DBF ever walked him until I came along 2.5 years ago.

Jen said...

aw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Have a fabulous time tonight girl!!!

Carolyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLY!!!!

Have a great one. Those cupcakes look fantastic!!!!

Christy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

You are gorgeus, LOVE the pictures.

Ditto - impressed you made it to the gym!

Unknown said...

! HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

i remember being 27, those were some fun times... enjoy it while you can! ;o)

Shelley said...

Happy Birthday!

Glad your boyfriend didn't forget :>

I want to see your fabric! Do you get to pick your pattern out, or does the class decide it. I love to sew, but I never have time to do it...I am currently teaching my oldest daughter to sew though, and she just made a summer dress for my middle girl. Fun!

Fatinah said...

I hope you have a great, great day!

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

Robin said...

Mmmm, cupcakes.

Happy Birthday!

Amy said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!

I'll be sure to have a few in your honor tonight! ;)

Those cupcakes look divine. Must click away from your blog now. The temptation is too great! Ha!

Lex said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i am so happy you are going to dinner. i am glad i checked back. cute pic. :)

Crissy Rae said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Those cupcakes look so yummy! Have a great birthday and hope you get some nice b-day goodies.

HC said...

Happyhappyhappy birthday!

Vanessa said...

happy birthday!

carla said...

okay

gotta say it

here's hoping it was offplan and fabulous.

Miz.

Angela Power said...

haha that's AWESOME! Happy (belated) Birthday girl!!! I hope you had a blast!

It's funny reading now about "no point in eating cake alone" etc. you totally didn't have a clue :)

Shirls said...

grea picture and happy, happy!(sorry its belated!)

Sara said...

can't believe I missed it: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!