Tuesday, February 5, 2008

sad

today is a sad day. last night i got home from work, went down to the gym and ran an easy four miles, signed up for this free financial planning seminar that my condo is running (it's tonight but so far i am the only one signed up), and went to meet my friend for drinks. it was fun but i noticed i had a voicemail on my phone. since the bar was busy i didn't listen to it. then later, around 10:45, my mom called, acting all weird, saying that she was worried about me because she didn't know who i was out with, and it was raining and getting late, and to take a cab home (it's a ten minute walk) and she will pay for it, etc. this is weird because i have not lived at home for seven years, since i was 19, and although we talk a lot, she doesn't regularly check up on me like this. 

so i go home right away and call my mom, and she tells me that my uncle has passed away. he had lymphatic cancer but wasn't expected to die or anything, so it's a bit of a shock and really sad. he didn't have kids of his own and we were really close. :( so anyway, it's a sad, sad day. and scary to think about my parent's siblings dying - really makes me think about mortality... 

ANYWAY today i'm eating:
organic maple nut oatmeal
2 clementines
a turkey and mozza cheese sandwich on whole wheat
strawberries
yogurt with all bran sprinkled in
and for dinner i haven't thought about it

14 comments:

Unknown said...

My thoughts are with you. I am sorry this had to happen to you and your family.

Vanessa said...

I'm sorry for your loss :(.

Jenn said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.
My throughts and prayers are with you. :(

Unknown said...

Aww Eury I'm so sorry for your loss :0( *HUGS*

Jaime said...

Oh girl, I'm so sorry to hear that. How sudden! My thoughts are with you...

Unknown said...

Death is definitely a haunting reality..but give your parents a big hug and appreciate them for their presence today. Family is so important and it is beautiful that your family obviously has love for each other.

Laura said...

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. Take care of yourself and your family. Hugs.

Unknown said...

sorry to hear about your uncle... my thoughts are with you and your family...

Cat said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. This must be a difficult time for you and I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

be well

cat

Lex said...

I'm extremely sorry to hear about your loss. :(
News like that is never easy and hopefully you and your family are doing as good as can be given the circumstances.

Shirls said...

I'm so sorry this has happened, all the best.

P.O.M. said...

I'm so sorry for your loss and sadness. Aunts and uncles are special people.

Sara said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

RunnerGirl said...

sorry to hear about your uncle, hang in there.