Friday, February 15, 2008

freitag (that's german for friday)

i have a lot to talk about today, so i'm going to do it in a list format.

1) friday weigh-in day: gained 1.6 and now am 120 pounds. note to self: stop mindless snacking immediately.

2) yesterday i bought this online. it is a starfrit electronic digital kitchen scale. it was only $19.99 with free shipping, and it has a tare function. my current kitchen scale is not electronic, not digital, has no tare function, and is so tiny. so can't go wrong.


3) last night i had an excellent run: 5 minutes walking, 35 running at a 6.2 mph pace, then 5 minutes walking cool down. and then i went to tap class for an hour.

4) after tap last night, i hit up shoppers drug mart and the grocery store. i noticed that the dominion has lean cuisine paninis now, but i didn't buy any because my freezer is full. i did buy diet chocolate cherry dr. pepper though. i don't drink pop on a regular basis, just when mixing drinks and stuff.

5) at shoppers drug mart, i bought this clearance oil of olay in-shower body lotion. you put it on in the shower and rinse it off. i've only used it once (this morning) but seriously people it's wonderful.


6) this morning i did A LOT. i woke up at 6:13 am, walked on the treadmill with interval inclines for 80 (yes 80!) minutes, made a giant pot of homemade soup, made oatmeal (the kind that takes 15 minutes), showered, got ready for work, and here i am.

7) i made a modified version of a hungry girl 0-point soup. i made this soup to have with meals, in a hope that it will deter me from stuffing my face unnecessarily.

ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
1 can plum tomatoes, diced
1 can sliced carrots
3-4 cups cabbage (i used bagged)
leftover adzuki beans
4 cups (i used 900mL) fat free vegetable broth
salt
pepper
mrs. dash original
many shakes of frank's chili lime red hot sauce

directions:
in a large pot sprayed with non-stick spray, cook onion for 2-3 minutes, chop the tomatoes from the can, add everything including tomato juice. cook for 2-3 minutes on medium. add carrots, cabbage, beans, broth. bring to a boil, season accordingly, reduce heat and cover for 5 minutes, and voila! the original recipe made five 0 point one cup servings. mine made a lot more than that and probably 1 point per cup, or something because i added the carrots and a few beans... maybe. does it matter? no, it does not. the hot sauce made it really good.

8) tonight i am going to see 27 dresses with my main gal pal. am looking forward to it!

9) my mom wants me to take her car (instead of mine) to niagara falls this weekend. hers has automatic doors and windows, an automatic starter (from a remote), and heated seats. mine has none of these things and makes funny sounds.

10) what does everyone think about these?

11) today's menu:
1/2 cup oats with milk and pumpkin
orange
homemade soup
turkey and swiss sandwich on rye
caramel yogurt
more soup
grapes
popcorn
something chocolately

10 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm not sure if i'd want something loose and gel-like in my bra - might bother me more than help me... i'll stick to my wonder bra, thank you very much... ;o)

have fun in niagara! :o)

Anonymous said...

i don't need those, and if i did i wouldn't use them. have fun at the falls.

eurydice said...

btw... i'm talking about special occasions, for a certain dress or top, not for day-to-day wear =D maybe i'll have to test them out to be sure lol.

Jenn said...

I have an electronic scale and I love it. What is a tare function?

Good job on all of the working out!

I want to try the lotion. I've always wondered about how that would work.

Good job getting so much done this morning! There is no way I could do all that and still be to work on time.

27 Dresses is a fantastic movie! I loved it.

And I kind of want the fake boob things. :)

eurydice said...

a tare function, is when you put something on your scale, like a bowl, then use the tare function, which wipes out the weight of the bowl, so that you are just weighing whatever you then put inside the bowl. :)

Vanessa said...

2. Cute scale!
6. Good job!
10. I have something similar for one of my bras. They're a lifesaver for the girl with itty bitty titties!

Erin said...

I am jealous of your digital scale - I have an analog piece of crap.

I LOVE that body wash - a MUST for the winter!

Lex said...

Ohh love the scale!

for the inserts, I definitely like them. I've never tried those posted in your link, but I have had spongey type ones before, which added probably a nice fuller cup... until my cats found them and used them as throw & chew toys...what a mess! lol
For dressing up, it definitely helps the chest area, but I would recommend wearing them first before the special days/nights to be sure they feel good & are snug & secure.

P.O.M. said...

My best friend uses those all the time. I call them her chicken filets.

eurydice said...

chicken filets LOL. i did buy them and they are very nice. small and tasteful... just a bit uplifting. :)