Wednesday, February 20, 2008

good morning, belle!

little town, it's a quiet village
every day, like the one before
little town, full of little people
waking up to say....


BONJOUR! bonjour! bonjour! bonjour! bonjour!

tonight i am going to see beauty and the beast. my old university roommate is the musical director and who doesn't love beauty and the beast? oh, disney, so clever. 



last night my book club was the most successful one yet. we read the line of beauty by alan hollinghurst. it was mos def not my favourite book. one might go so far as to say it was a painful chore to read, but it sparked some really interesting conversation. it is a beautifully written book—very descriptive—so if that's your "thang" maybe you should check it out. it feels like i have been reading it forever. when i have to read something for book club i feel guilty reading anything else until it's done. this morning at the gym i read my bf's grade seven history textbook (he is a teacher) and it felt so freeing :) and i learned all about new france too.

this morning i did 80 minutes of interval inclines on the treadmill. it was painful but good (now that it's over). there was a big fire near my apartment this morning. six alarm - scary! i could see the smoke from my building. luckily no one was hurt. here is today's menu:

pre workout:
1/4 fibre source bar (0.5)

post workout
1/4 fibre source bar (0.5)
1/23

breakfast:
pc blue menu multigrain oatmeal with: (3)
1 T ground flax (0)
1 T splenda (0)
1 T no sugar added maple syrup (0.5)
1 T cinnamon (0)
strawberries (0.5))
5/23

snack:
1/2 ww bagel (1)
6/23

lunch:
1 cup pc blue menu mushroom barley soup (1)
carrots and hummus (1)
1 slice sprouted grains toast (1)
9/23

snacks:
grapes (red and green) (1)
clementine (0.5)
caramel flavoured yogurt (2)
12.5/23

dinner is a mystery although i don't think we are eating until after the musical so things could get crazy.

9 comments:

Sar said...

i love beauty and the beast! i'm so jealous that you're going tonight. haha, i love all things disney.

your oatmeal sounds really good this morning, you've inspired me to try some new combos!

also, thanks for your post. things have been going much better since last night. i woke up early and have gotten a lot done. "sean"'s still being a jerk, but i've decided that all i can do is deal with him and move on.

have a great day!

Jenn said...

Beauty and the beast is one of the first movies I saw in theater - I love it!

Scary about the fire this morning, I'm glad that you are ok!

Book club sounds fun. I love to read, and I used to do it all the time. Lately I haven't made it a priority, though I would love to get back into it.

Carolyn said...

You have no idea how jealous I am! I LOVEd Beuaty and the Beast growing up, it was my favorite! I'd love to go see it now.

Great job on jumping on that treadmill this morning!

Sarah said...

Wow, have fun at beauty and the beast! Sounds like a great time!

Sara said...

I'm so jealous - enjoy the show!!! That fire was crazy - I could smell the smoke on the subway at Osgoode!!

Unknown said...

I am really glad you are okay!! Eeek!

I wish I could be in your book club. I already said this though. haha.

Jaime said...

caramel flavoured yogurt?????

Mrs Furious said...

I also love Beauty & The Beast.
The bonus of having a 5 year old is I can sing that stuff all the live long day and still seem somewhat normal ;)

Unknown said...

I loooove Beauty of the Beast. It was my favourite movie as a kid. I loved Mrs. Potts! DBF is taking me to see it live at Stage West -- we still gotta book tickets though.