Monday, May 14, 2007

Trouble!

I've been having some trouble lately with gains... not really sure why. I eat 20 points a day, I always have AP each day, I save my flex points for the weekend because I like to eat a little more and drink a little more, etc. This system has not failed me in the past so why is it failing now?

I've been thinking more and more about extreme dieting. I'm not going to do it, because I know it isn't good for my body, but when I see myself with a gain or if my pants are a little tighter, I find myself thinking... "maybe I'll just skip dinner a couple of nights this week to help the loss." These are NOT good thoughts.

A couple of years ago at my highest weight I lost very quickly by almost starving myself. Luckily I did not gain it back. I would eat 2 eggs for breakfast, a chicken breast for lunch, and a chicken breast and atkins bar for dinner. That's it! It seems pretty foolish now but it worked at the time... obviously it was not healthy, I wasn't eating any complex carbs or veggies. So, I don't want to do that again. It's just the thoughts I'm having lately are upsetting.

Anyhoo, I'll just take it one day at a time.

Here is today's menu:

Before gym: chocolate chip banana bran muffin (1)

B: instant oatmeal (2)
strawberries (0)
3/20

L: PC blue menu veg. lasagna (6)
9/20

S: yogurt (1)
10/20

D: I don't know yet. I have a busy night planned and I'm not sure when or what I'm going to eat. I think there might be pizza involved but I'm just going to try and avoid that at all costs. Here's to what hopefully will be a good week!

No comments: