Monday, July 14, 2008

weekend recovery

oh boy, monday again. i always stay up way too late on sunday which makes monday morning a really rude awakening. last night i was so caught up in reading "valley of the dolls" that i stayed up until 2 am. obviously i didn't work out this morning. BUT i did bring my running stuff to work with me and am seriously considering going for a lunch time run. there are pros and cons to the lunchtime run.

pros:
get it out of the way
not doing anything during that time anyway
it's a nice day
frees up the evening
will probably feel more tired tonight

cons:
sweating profusely
not being able to read my awesome book at lunch
possibly stinking (although i doubt it... i don't really smell)

more pros than cons. i don't really like going for outdoor runs after work. i like running to be something i take care of before the rest of the day begins.

my cottage weekend was fun, although i have ZERO bikini pictures. friday we didn't get there until night. saturday was cloudy and then a bit rainy. yesterday (sunday) it was beautiful and we did hang out on the beach but my camera was inside the house and i wasn't fussed about getting it. there will be lots of time this summer to get bikini pictures (especially since i am going to california in TWO WEEKS).

obviously my eating at the cottage wasn't great. hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, etc. but i don't think it was too bad. i just ate when i was hungry and when someone else was willing to cook me something on the grill. also, on saturday i went for a run along the beach. i took the road for a couple of kilometres and then ran on the beach on the way back. it was breezy and beautiful. i was running in my bikini top which was a little bouncy at first but i got used to it.

this week is really busy for me.

monday: weekend recovery and cleaning (this isn't really being busy... but i also have to finish my book and it's loooooong)
tuesday: book club
wednesday: date night
thursday: george michael concert (yes i love george!)
friday: weekend!

i was thinking about counting points this week. i haven't done it in so long and it sounds fun to me for some reason. here is today's menu:

breakfast:
coffee (0)
blueberries (1)
oatmeal (2)
2 source yogurts (1)
4/19

lunch:
whole wheat bun (2)
lentil soup (3)
carrots (1)
10/19

snack:
apple (1)
2 source yogurts (1)
12/19

dinner:
i haven't thought of this yet. maybe... chicken.

8 comments:

Jaime said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I didn't get any bikini shots either, but I'm not too sad about you all not seeing my pale ass. :)

Carrots don't count a point unless they are cooked!

Happy Monday.

Laura said...

Who knew that counting points can be fun? LOL! Thanks for a different perspective. Good for you for running along the beach. I hear it's hard.

dancer-in-me said...

Sounds like you had fun and were able to keep on track with the food and exercise.

Erin said...

I've been counting points for the past few days as well - I need it to keep me on track lately. So far so good. As if you went for a run on Saturday, you are a superstar! I suck at working out and eating whenever we go anywhere.

Anne said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Yeah for getting your runs in :)
I hear ya, eating at cottages, camping ect is not easy.

Crissy Rae said...

Glad to hear you had a fun weekend. Sounds like a busy week ahead of you but you got some fun stuff planned in there. I love concerts!

carla said...

I could NOT do the lunch run as Im such a sweater (I could however HAPPILY go see George :))

MizFit

N.D. said...

Sounds like a good time, I totally would have gone for the lunchtime run, to get out of the way. Hope you made it out! Sounds like a good read that is keeping you up! Weight watchers does not sound bad, I wonder how many calories it ends up being.