Thursday, July 3, 2008

bad mood betty

i am in a poo mood today and i know why. i'm not getting enough sleep and because of that am irritable and because of that am letting little things bother me. like the following:

1) last night at sewing i made an annoying mistake. the back of my dress has four different parts. top left, top right, bottom left and bottom right. well i sewed top left to bottom right and bottom left to top right, then had to rip it out and start all over again. then i could only put in half the zipper at the back. normally this wouldn't annoy me that much but we have to have everything done but the sleeves by next class, which is the last, which means i am going back there tonight after work. i don't want to go back and sew more tonight (whine whine whine), i just want to go home and relax and clean up my apartment like i do most thursdays.

2) it is raining. it feels like for the past month, it's been raining every day. can't it just be a dry, sunny heat wave? come on mother nature.

3) this morning i went for a run and i hated it. it was the worst thing ever. normally i enjoy exercise but not today. i was going to go four miles but when i hit the street that means if i turn around now it's only three miles, i took it. so three miles... better than nothing yes but where is the motivation?

4) yesterday i bought this new pantene product - it's supposed to keep your hair straighter for up to eighteen hours, or something like that. anyway the highlight of my crap run this morning was thinking about how straight my hair was going to be today. so i get home, and the bottle isn't in the bag... why you ask? because there is a HOLE in the bag and it must have fallen out yesterday on the subway or something. ggggaaaahhhhhhgabanoosh!

so that's that. in other news that is happier, i've rented season two of "big love," that show about polygamy, and it's really good. of course every night i get sucked in to watching just "one more episode" and then it's past twelve and that's not really helping my need of sleep. i hardly ever watch tv and only have a week before the dvds are due back. luckily the place i rent from gives you the whole season for $7-10 instead of only episodes one to four.

now more happy news, on saturday i am going to the wedding of the century. there is a brunch, then a church ceremony, then a reception and all the rest. i think it starts at 10am or something ridiculous. it is a big italian wedding with 500 guests or something. i don't even know 500 people!

today on the menu is:

oatmeal
grapes
frozen raspberries
fat free yogurts
banana
larabar
blah blah blah.

13 comments:

Mandy said...

I hate feeling blah about stuff - I know how you're feeling!

Here's hoping your day looks up!!!

Mandy said...

Oh and I'd trade some of our heat for your rain ANY DAY!

Jaime said...

I'm not even going to start with trying to cheer you up because I HATE it when people do that to me. Instead I shall tell you to SUCK IT UP SISTER! :)

We love to rent TV shows on DVDs too. And yes, we do end up staying up way too late for just one more episode. I think we are going to check out Mad Men since it just came out on DVD.

Sara said...

well hopefully the sun will bring a better mood!!

Anonymous said...

hi grumps. :) just curious. is the brunch without the couple? cause isn't it bad luck to see each other before?

Shelley said...

Oy - one of those days...sigh. Hope your weekend goes better.

Fatinah said...

I love the show "Big Love"!

Mrs Furious said...

" because there is a HOLE in the bag and it must have fallen out yesterday on the subway or something"

OH NO!!!

Carolyn said...

The weather in NB has been AWFUL forever now, I feel like I'm going to go crazy if I don't see the sun soon!

Hopefully tomorrow looks up! (& bright and sunny too!)

Erin said...

I love that show! I always feel so ripped off when they make you pay the same as a movie when you rent 4 episodes.

Once I forgot one grocery bag in the store, and it turned out that it had one ingredient from every meal I had planned for that week in it! The whole week of food was messed up, I was so mad!

Jen said...

aw, poor miss Betty!! I am sorry to hear so many sucky things happened at once!

That wedding sounds INSANE!!!!

HC said...

I think the poo-ness is going around. I'm all cranky too. I actually remebered blogging about being cranky recently so I looked back and discovered it was exactly one month ago. Hmmm... coincidence, or hormonal imperative? ;)

Crissy Rae said...

sorry you had such a ho-hum day today. hope tomorrow turns out better for you. have a great weekend and enjoy the wedding!