Wednesday, July 16, 2008

of all the things we need...

here is a tip: don't watch the movie "valley of the dolls"... it's absurd. it makes no sense, especially if you haven't read the book. the characters are all over the place. not a good movie. the book, however, is amazing.

in other book news, today my "hungry girl" recipe book has to go back to the library. i flipped through it one time (one time!) and made nothing. the thing with recipe books is that they are meant to be bought, not borrowed. i also have vegan with a vengeance and it's awesome. much better than the hungry girl book. no offense, hungry girl. your book is great too. it just serves a different purpose and doesn't meet my culinary needs right now. who knew i had culinary needs?

my book club bbq was great. i made grilled zucchini (not boats), a sweet potato, and a pre-marinated chicken breast. delicious. i also had wine, veggies with dip and those chocolate lady fingers.

this morning i was going to walk on the treadmill, but i wanted to give my shin a break. i want it to heal and recover but i loathe being inactive. it makes me feel like sloppy sloth sally. instead i went for a swim in the pool. i did 50 lengths front crawl, then alternated 10 lengths breaststroke and 10 lengths front crawl three times. keep in mind my condo pool isn't a full sized pool. the whole thing took me about 30-35 minutes with no stopping. a pretty good workout except i can still see faint goggle rings around my eyes..... looking good!

this morning at work i got this "brookstone catalogue" which is basically full of expensive things that no one really needs.

exhibit a: the golf drink dispenser. "here's the discreet way to enjoy hot or cold drinks right from your golf bag!"


for you dog lovers, exhibit b: the car dog booster seat. so your small dog can have a comfortable view of the road. this dog does actually look pretty happy.


exhibit c: the doggie dining table. now your dog can eat in a healthier, more comfortable position. is this really necessary? i've never known dogs who had a problem eating off the floor!


time to work. tonight is date night (at home) and we are booking our hotels for california! we already have plane tickets, rented a car, and the first night's hotel. and pretty much decided on what cities to stay in (and what we are going to do in those cities). surf city here i come. :o)

15 comments:

Jaime said...

haha, the dog dining table cracks me up. Our dog would spill his food and have to eat it from the floor anyway. Who are they trying to kid?

Your trip is so exciting! I wanna go with you! ;)

dancer-in-me said...

Laughing out loud here!! The doggie dining table was too much.

Anonymous said...

i love those dog products. hehe. but so not necessary.

i love how you said looking good. you are too funny!

Jen said...

*laughs* Yes, the faux golf club is discreet, however the cocktail glass on the course is a dead giveaway....and forget about the mini umbrellas...

Your dinner sounds yummy!!!

I bought the hungry girl book...still unsure on it though!

Erin said...

The car seat thing is so funny!

That is so exciting about the trip getting all finalized, it will be so so fun.

I looked at the Hungry Girl recipe book, but it seemed like you needed so many really specific ingredients, in really tiny amounts. Kind of annoying.

Sara said...

The doggie table is too cute! I'm so jealous that you are going to Cali, I so want to!

Carolyn said...

OMG my hubby would LOVE the golf club drink dispenser! So cheesy, right up his alley!

Randi said...

Yeah, seriously, I know it was a joke, but I think I might have to get the golf drink dispenser for about a dozen people I know! Funny!

P.O.M. said...

Yes, undies/dancing/hotel/wine/boy! That's what I call a weekend.

Are you going to announce your travel plans? Your coming all the way down to Surf City???? Born and Raised there....

Tiffa said...

Those items are hilarious... however, the doggie dining table... actually it is true! Large dogs should have their food/water bowls elevated off the floor (it's a strain on their neck otherwise!). We just use a big tupperware container which stores his food to lay his dish on top though... a whole like $5. lol

emmie said...

actually my dog has some health problems that make it easier to eat from off a little stool. We just put the bowl right on top for him (Eddie is a english bulldog in case you were curious):)

Crissy Rae said...

Yay for swimming-my favorite workout and leisure activity. Those goggle rings are gorgeous aren't they?

Enjoy your date night!

Vanessa said...

I love the dog booster seat! Haha.

carla said...

*waves hand*
my weird bullmastiff struggles with eating off the floor.

I think it is his awkwardness (hes like his mama that way :)) more than his height but I have to put his bowl on stacked phone books!

(thanks for the heads up on the movie.)

MizFit

healthy ashley said...

I love the golf drink dispenser!

And I have to admit.. my dog has a doggie dining table. He's a bigger dog (manly Labrador) and we heard it's better for their backs? =)