Friday, October 10, 2008

friday weigh in day

friday weigh-in day and this week i gained 0.4 pounds. not significant, but i was hoping for a loss. really, i was perfect all week which can only mean one thing – that last weekend was much MUCH worse than i thought it was. and looking back, i can see where i was fooling myself. my boyfriend and i have this funny but terrible habit of drinking our mixed drinks (at home) through rainbow twizzler straws. it’s just so yummy. really i have the pack of rainbow twizzlers sitting on my counter all week and never feel tempted to eat them... i just love drinking through them on weekends!

so anyway. that’s bad. i won’t do it this weekend. and i can recall an incident of eating too much post-going out last saturday night as well. not bad stuff. actually i have no idea.

in other news, today is friday and i couldn’t be happier. i am working a ½ day with my mom, then running some errands, and then i hope to clean the apartment, especially the bathroom before tonight. maybe i can even get some treadmill (walking) time in.

last night i did week 3 day 2 of the couch to 5k program. it was great – no pain or anything! maybe it’s gone for good... i don’t want to jinx anything. then i had a nice bath and my cat, oliver, jumped up on the side of the tub and sat there for the whole time.... at least 20 minutes. what a weirdo. the side of the tub isn’t wide, either. he kept touching the water with his paws and then jumping back at the ripples. weirdo!

tonight i am going dancing, tomorrow there is a party, sunday thanksgiving at my boyfriend’s parents house, and monday thanksgiving at my parent’s house. fun weekend.

this morning for breakfast i had 2 packs of quaker instant oatmeal with a ½ cup of all bran, 2 equal sweeteners and a splash of vanilla mixed in. it was deliciously carby and filling and i used gingerbread spice tea as water. happy thanksgiving everyone! :)

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Cody (my cat) does the same thing! :) SO cute.

Your weekend sounds fantastic - I want it! :(

Have fun, girly!

fittingbackin said...

ha I've never heard of the twizzler thing! Don't tell me more - the last thing I need is yet another alcohol-related vice! :) On another note - Happy Friday!!! And yeah... don't you hate when you drunk eat and forget... not good - ha!

Crissy Rae said...

You busy little bee! Hope you get all your household chores done tonight and have a great weekend. Sounds like it's gonna be a fun one!

Vanessa said...

I hope the pain stays away for good! Enjoy the weekend :).

carla said...

how went the weekend??

Jen said...

*laughs* I LOVE drinking through twizzler straws!!!!