Wednesday, March 4, 2009

orange you glad you didn't eat it?

let me start by saying i knew talking about pet store pets would open a can of worms. hmmm fitting.

i forgot to tell you about this horrible, horrible thing that happened to me on saturday.

my boyfriend and i have the same saturday morning routine. sleep in, and then he'll listen to reggae music and cook breakfast while i go and exercise. it used to be running, now it's swimming. he always makes the same breakfast too: chicken bacon, egg omelet made with 3 eggs and whites, and toast, sometimes fruit too. can you tell we like routines?

anyway, last saturday i decided that we should split an orange as part of our breakfast. yum yum citrus goodness. it is hard and takes forever to peel but i do it. then i split it in half and jump back when i see a dark spot appear in the centre of the orange. what could it be? i recoil and drop the orange onto the counter. my boyfriend asks, "what are you screeching about?" as i cautiously take a step toward the orange. i touch it gently, opening it slowly... and...

INSIDE IS A GIANT MAGGOT EATING MY ORANGE!

the horror, the horror! all of the dark stuff inside was its poop. the end. wasn't that a pleasant story? sick! once at an outdoor music festival i bit into a peach and a little worm popped out... eeeeeewwwwww.

that's all i've got. another 40 minutes swimming this morning. i need to get some yoga in! tonight maybe (date night) and tomorrow for sure.

13 comments:

Amanda said...

You win. That is much more terrible than my centipede encounter. Blech! *shudder*

Sara said...

oh my god that is disgusting! I once bit into a cherry and saw half a worm. Needless to say I don't eat cherries anymore!

Vanessa said...

EWWWWWWWWW.

Lainey said...

Oh my God!

The most disturbing thing, to me, is that I've read 3 stories like this at totally different places lately.

I may never eat again...

Okay, I will eat again, but cautiously. Yuck!

Sarah said...

Ugghghhh!! That is absolutely awful. Wow.

Randi said...

oh gross.

I've never noticed any bugs inside my food before (maybe in a bag of grapes or something, but inside? NEVER!) I wonder if that just means I've eatten things without knowing...

Julie said...

Oh swell. I eat an orange every morning.

When I was a kid, I broke off a piece of a chocolate bar that I had just unwrapped, and what do you know? Maggots! Extremely unexpected, right?

Sadly, it did not put me off chocolate bars.

Cat_82 said...

Ok....I'm sitting at my desk, staring at the orange that I brought to eat this afternoon.......

I don't think I"m ever eating oranges again.

Eww. I feel for you because I would have thrown up.

Shirls said...

ummm... ICK!! thanks for ruining oranges for me! ;0)

Shannon said...

omg. i am never eating an orange again. i am so disgusted.

Jen said...

BLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!

That is sick!!!!!!!!! I would have freaked...I don't like bugs, and I CERTAINLY don't like them in my food!

Crystal said...

Eeewwwww! Were you able to eat any breakfast after that?

workhardeatwell said...

ew ew ew ew ew!