Wednesday, March 4, 2009

orange you glad you didn't eat it?

let me start by saying i knew talking about pet store pets would open a can of worms. hmmm fitting.

i forgot to tell you about this horrible, horrible thing that happened to me on saturday.

my boyfriend and i have the same saturday morning routine. sleep in, and then he'll listen to reggae music and cook breakfast while i go and exercise. it used to be running, now it's swimming. he always makes the same breakfast too: chicken bacon, egg omelet made with 3 eggs and whites, and toast, sometimes fruit too. can you tell we like routines?

anyway, last saturday i decided that we should split an orange as part of our breakfast. yum yum citrus goodness. it is hard and takes forever to peel but i do it. then i split it in half and jump back when i see a dark spot appear in the centre of the orange. what could it be? i recoil and drop the orange onto the counter. my boyfriend asks, "what are you screeching about?" as i cautiously take a step toward the orange. i touch it gently, opening it slowly... and...

INSIDE IS A GIANT MAGGOT EATING MY ORANGE!

the horror, the horror! all of the dark stuff inside was its poop. the end. wasn't that a pleasant story? sick! once at an outdoor music festival i bit into a peach and a little worm popped out... eeeeeewwwwww.

that's all i've got. another 40 minutes swimming this morning. i need to get some yoga in! tonight maybe (date night) and tomorrow for sure.

13 comments:

Amanda said...

You win. That is much more terrible than my centipede encounter. Blech! *shudder*

Sara said...

oh my god that is disgusting! I once bit into a cherry and saw half a worm. Needless to say I don't eat cherries anymore!

Vanessa said...

EWWWWWWWWW.

Anonymous said...

Oh my God!

The most disturbing thing, to me, is that I've read 3 stories like this at totally different places lately.

I may never eat again...

Okay, I will eat again, but cautiously. Yuck!

Sarah said...

Ugghghhh!! That is absolutely awful. Wow.

Randi said...

oh gross.

I've never noticed any bugs inside my food before (maybe in a bag of grapes or something, but inside? NEVER!) I wonder if that just means I've eatten things without knowing...

Julie said...

Oh swell. I eat an orange every morning.

When I was a kid, I broke off a piece of a chocolate bar that I had just unwrapped, and what do you know? Maggots! Extremely unexpected, right?

Sadly, it did not put me off chocolate bars.

Cat said...

Ok....I'm sitting at my desk, staring at the orange that I brought to eat this afternoon.......

I don't think I"m ever eating oranges again.

Eww. I feel for you because I would have thrown up.

Shirls said...

ummm... ICK!! thanks for ruining oranges for me! ;0)

Anonymous said...

omg. i am never eating an orange again. i am so disgusted.

Jen said...

BLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!

That is sick!!!!!!!!! I would have freaked...I don't like bugs, and I CERTAINLY don't like them in my food!

Crissy Rae said...

Eeewwwww! Were you able to eat any breakfast after that?

Anonymous said...

ew ew ew ew ew!