Tuesday, February 24, 2009

sunny day

today is bright and sunny and i'm loving it. it's still frigid BUT if you notice on the side of my page, on the exercise sidebar, that the end of this week is no longer february. it's MARCH - yippee! february was pretty quick and painless. i love spring and summer. i used to like autumn the best but not anymore... more on that another time.

today is also my sister's 23rd birthday. isn't that nice? oh, to be young and carefree and jubilant again. actually i am still young and jubilant, so there. i bought her some books yesterday at chapters, and i also picked up this awesome gaiam wisdom aluminum water bottle. all of the gaiam products were 20% off. i still have some of those deadly nalgenes and i have been using them much less but it's time to cut them out completely. and the new bottle is fun to drink out of. and blue... like the ocean.

last night i went for a nice 40-minute swim. at the end of it i was feeling a little shaky. i am getting over a cold so that's probably why. i feel fine today. anyway, i was feeling a bit shaky so i decided to sit in the steam room after my swim. i really prefer saunas to steam rooms but there isn't a sauna in my building... woe is me. i like being in the hot steam because it feels like i've just stepped off a plane and into a tropical jungle. the heat is overpowering and it feels good to just sit there and surrender to it. the only thing that really bothers me about steam rooms is the giant water drops that fall off the ceiling and hit you everywhere. giant steam drops = ick.

i had an amazing sleep last night - eight hours and ten minutes, including two ten minute snoozes. i love sleeping but always put it off. being awake isn't so great. i should repeat that mantra every evening.

i was going to work out this morning, but decided not to because my bum muscles are aching from yesterday's "yoga for runners" session. i will wait until after work when i'm more loosey goosey and then hit the gym. i downloaded three new 20-25 minute free yoga sessions from yogadownload.com and i am excited to try them. i am not against paying for longer classes, but i don't want to bite off more than i can chew. right now i don't want to do yoga for longer than 25 minutes at a time.

today for lunch i have a tuna sandwich. i really like eating tuna, but i don't like eating the whole can at one time unless i am just dumping it on a salad. so i have to eat it two days in a row. yesterday i had a tuna and hummus wrap and today, finishing the can, a tuna sandwich. a whole can of tuna in one sandwich is overboard. instead of mixing my tuna with mayo, i used non-fat greek yogurt and it worked just as well with health benefits too. i wrote to stoneyfield farms and asked them to please start selling their organic oikos non-fat greek yogurts in canada, and they said they would pass on the message to their sales team. i like the fage brand too but have actually seen the stoneyfield brand in canada so i figure it's a better shot. i also have a cup of healthy valley lentil soup. yum yum.

10 comments:

Jaime said...

being awake isn't so great...being awake isn't so great...

haha, you crack me up.

but you are totally right. I stay up too late way too often.

I'm with you on the yoga downloads...I'm quite happy with the 20 minute sessions...although I do think that I'm at least going to make a donation if I don't soon start paying for the longer downloads. I think I'll try the runner one you are talking aobut...I think it's one of the only less advanced freebies I haven't downloaded yet.

Anonymous said...

i am the same, use to love autumn, like LOVE IT. but right about now I love spring and summer. So sick of winter.

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with Nalgene bottles? Did I miss a good scare?

Amanda said...

Perhaps I should follow your lead and write to Stonyfield as well. I'm always so jealous of the Americans and their non-fat Greek yogurt. Frankly, I'm surprised that Liberte or someone hasn't produced one yet.

Sleep is awesome. I was in bed at 9:00 last night and feel great today.

Sarah said...

I feel the same about tuna! I should start buying those tiny cans they make.. I would probably eat it more often.. right now opening the can feels like such a commitment... lol.

Cat said...

I think you'll love the cream liner! It's super easy to use. I used to do the same thing with the shadow and the water, and the cream is much better. If you can't find Smashbox cream liner, I know that MAC makes it too, because I used theirs before I discovered Smashbox. I'm not sure about the colour selection that MAC carries but it worked well! The flat liner brush is what makes it so easy too! Let me know what you think when you start using it! PS: You are TOO adorable for wrods...I was facebook lurking the other day, and I LOVE your look...you have SO much personal style!

Vanessa said...

Oooh, I love those bottles! I have a green one :)

Jen said...

*sigh* I wish we had lots of sun and maybe a little less chill...it has been WAY too cold lately!!!

I have yet to find a good metal water bottle that I like!!! I am so picky...and yes, I still use my evil Nalgene!!!

I agree with you on the yoga thing too...I prefer only 20 minutes as well...though I like doing 60 minutes IN class, at home my attention span wanes!

Lex said...

ewewewew you're SO right about the ceiling drips!! SO Nasty!!

Hillary Boyle said...

Great reading your blog