1) so yesterday, on wednesday, i went down to the gym at work and began my new weight training routine.
2) today i can't walk.
3) not joking.
4) my arms don't hurt at all, but that's because i swim all the time and use my arms for resistance. my legs however - i never work them at all.
5) i was going to do the routine again tomorrow, but since i'm having trouble sitting and standing, perhaps i should take it easy instead. maybe i'll go and do some cardio, and some arms, back and abs. hmmmmm.
so here's what I'm doing:
1) squats with weight (bum and quads)
2) deadlifts (quads, bum, hamstrings, lower back)
3) walking lunges with weight (upper leg, bum)
4) leg press (quads, hamstrings, bum)
5) chest press (pectoral chest muscles)
6) overhead press (shoulders)
7) cable row (back, forearms)
8) biceps curls (biceps)
9) triceps pushdown (triceps)
10) lat pulldown (back)
11) various ab exercises
That's about it - tomorrow morning is my weigh in day (which unfortunately I have to do) and I really don't feel any thinner. in fact, it might be the opposite ... even though i've been tracking and counting. actually i say that but now that i think about it i've been cutting corners ... like adding 1/4 cup of all bran to my oatmeal because it's 0 points ... that sort of thing. we'll see tomorrow.