Friday, April 10, 2009

holiday

it's friday morning and i am sitting in my den. hooray! no work today! i woke up initially at 7:15 am, and went back to sleep until after 9. that's more than nine hours of sleep ... heaven. i made a coffee and drank it on my balcony, which was so sunny and warm. i didn't even need a jacket.

i had a great swim in the pool and it's only 11 am - that means i have the rest of the day to do whatever i want. i am going to rearrange my bedroom furniture. it's the one room of my apartment that is always so messy. hopefully a new set up will inspire me to keep it a little cleaner.

today is friday weigh in and i gained again! dammit. i gained 0.6 pounds since last week. combine that with the 0.4 i gained last week and i am up a whole pound. obviously i am doing something wrong ... but what? i wanted to lose 10 pounds and i've got 8.2 to go ... yip eee.

yesterday at the gym i just did strength training on my legs and abs. i did walking lunges (and could do three sets of 10 because i did them first), squats, deadlifts, leg press, and four kinds of crunches. i think i am going to stick with these exercises. my arms get a good enough workout through swimming and when i workout my whole body, i really get the shakes and feel like vomiting. that's not good.

tonight i am going to the keg mansion for some friend's birthdays. if you love the keg, you will really love the keg mansion. it's the same menu but in the restaurant is a beautiful old haunted house - really nice. this (the picture) is really how it looks. have a great easter weekend!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

I slept until 10 a.m. this morning. I have no idea when the last time I did that was!

Long weekends are the best. =)

Jaime said...

Yaaieee for coffee on the patio! I considered it, but although we have sun it wasn't warm sun at 9am. Soooon!

Double yaaaiee for the mansion. You know we are going there for the GTG right?

Crissy Rae said...

Sounds like you had a very productive day off. That keg mansion looks so cool, hope you had a great time!

Lex said...

Holy crap that mansion looks intense!!!!!

Sarah said...

Mmmmm steak. I love the Keg.