i'm going to start today's post by talking about the bum. yesterday's strength training workout was great. i was still a little sore going into it, but not too bad, and i felt good during and after. here's what i did:
1) 5 minute treadmill warm up
2) deadlifts, 10 reps with 20 pounds, 3 sets
3) overhead press with 8 pound dumbbells, 15 reps, 3 sets
4) squats with 8 pound dumbbells, 10 reps, 3 sets
5) crunches on the stability ball, 15 reps, 3 sets
6) lunges with 8 pound dumbbells, 10 reps, 2 sets (this is still KILLER for me)
7) dumbbell curls with 10 pound weights, 10 reps, 3 sets
8) crunches on the dip machine, 10 reps, 3 sets ... the machine looks like this sort of without the fancy arm pads - i have to keep my arms straight and support my whole body with my wrists (surprisingly easy)
9) leg press, 90 pounds, 10 reps, 3 sets
10) chest press with 10 pound dumbbells, 10 reps, 3 sets
11) reverse crunches on the bench, 10 reps, 3 sets. the reverse crunch looks like this - start with your legs down and toes/feet touching the floor. then crunch up.
my bum felt really good, especially during the squats. when i was fully in the squat position, i could actually feel the muscles in my bum contracting, almost like making a little whimper. i am all for having a stronger bum. heave ho bum!
in other news, eating is not going so great. i just find myself so hungry and then snacking on ridiculous things like "oatmeal squares cereal" - that is so yummy. i really need to get it together. yes, it's still winter out there (let's not talk about that!) but not for long. i do not want to go into summer with extra flub. no way, not again, not happening to me.
in other other news, i think i've decided to try running again. i think my type of sciatic pain can be prevented with stretching and improved ab strength, so i am going to work on that. also, i might see a sports physiotherapist or somebody like that. i've been reading up on it online - people have overcome this in the past and if they can do it, i certainly can too.
is that enough bum talk for you? tonight is date night and top model tv night - and then tomorrow is thursday which is that last day of the work week. thank you religion!