Wednesday, December 10, 2008

i am so shopped out

today i am not at work. i had another first interview this morning. it went really well. except... stupid me forgot to turn off my cell phone and it actually rang! for the love of pete! (who is pete, anyway?) i think i played it cool and it wasn't a huge deal but still. i only forgot because i arrived super early, and then sat outside on a bench reading until it was an appropriate time to come inside... and so forgot. oh well, i'm not going to dwell. what's past is past.

i am still doing really well on my plan. low carb, small portions, walking. i should go and walk now but i am so shopped out. i forgot to mention that after my interview i went to the eaton centre to finish my christmas shopping. and to shop for me of course. i deserve new things too! i got a nice gold make up bag from sephora for my boyfriend's mom. now my shopping is totally complete.

for myself i bought some black tights, satin gloves, black turtleneck, purple shirt, black shirt with lace, lace cover up thing, and two dress from H & M. yes, it sounds like a lot and it is in volume, but everything there is so cheap. the most expensive thing was $25 and some of the items were on for $10. at H & M they have "100 den" tights which means that you can't see through them at all. i love a nice black leg, don't you?

i also bought a fancy red dress from jacob. it's strapless and poufs a bit around the waist, and is knee length. i need a new dress because i am going to a wedding at the end of the month, and for new year's. since i won't be spending those two occasions with any of the same people, i can double up and get my money's worth. i went SO MANY PLACES and tried on dresses: H & M, Jacob, Guess, Banana Republic, Mango, Zara... on and on and on. Banana Republic had that 40% off sale today but I didn't really find anything I liked that was special.

tonight is date night, after dinner. and tomorrow morning i have a second interview (for a job i interviewed for last week). should i go and walk now? did all my mall walking count as today's walking? i will let the universe decide and wait for a sign and go eat some raspberry jello light in the meantime. :)

8 comments:

Jaime said...

Shopping doesn't count as exercise!

There. I said it. So it must be true.

Vanessa said...

I am extremely jealous of all of your shopping!

Randi said...

Oooh! I am so jealous of your shopping! I am going to stop at the mall on the way home instead of (well maybe in addition to) getting groceries. I've gotta buy something for Christmas parties. yay!

Angela Power said...

Thanks for the BR tip there girlie! I went there today at lunch time and got myself two pairs of pants & two tank tops! PLUS I had an email from them giving me an additional 20% off so I saved $140! You're the greatest!

Jen said...

Sounds like you hit the mother load while shopping!!!


That sucks about the cell phone, but it's true, don't dwell on it...

And Jaime is right...unfortunately, shopping doesn't count as exercise! :(

fittingbackin said...

Eh no worries about the cell – it happens a lot I’m sure! But yes, probably just annoying since you were there early doing it all right then RING are you kidding? Blah.

Cute purchases! I DO love a black leg! And I’m a huge fan of wearing the same outfit with different groups of friends – just beware cameras/facebook! :)

I think mall walking counted! Haha Hope you have a good night!

P.O.M. said...

I'm shopped out and I haven't even gone shopping yet (except for online).

Kim Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.