Tuesday, June 9, 2009

not in the mood - 10 randoms

i'm just not in the mood for blogging ... yesterday OR today!


so here is a quick list of what's going DOWN:

1) blog meet up girls - i posted this question on FB but no one is responding - do you have any sort of itinerary for drinks/dinner on friday or saturday. i want to join you for dinner one night (probably saturday) but i need to plan ahead, if possible. no stress if you don't have a plan yet.

2) I REGISTERED FOR THE MARATHON! no backing out now. training begins the week of the 22nd. i know i can do it even though i've never run that far before - it will be my greatest physical achievement ... SO FAR!

3) i am full time back on the oats. no green monsters this week. sorry greenies but i missed oatmeal in the morning - so filling and delicious.

4) tomorrow at work we are having a potluck to test recipes for an upcoming cookbook. i am making a potato salad. i have to shop at lunch for potatoes, eggs, cucumber and avocado oil. i have never tried this avocado oil before - it better not be expensive!

5) speaking of expensive, i am now very poor due to my car repairs. but i put it on my amex with air miles so just think about how many air miles i'll be getting. silver lining on a cloud? not really.

6) last night i did an old workout in my condo gym. i used to do this all the time. it goes like this:

5 minutes walking (speed 4.0, incline 1%)
10 minutes running (speed 6.0 to 6.2 mph)
break for 5 minutes of arm weights
10 minutes running
break for 5 minutes of arm weights
10 minutes of running
5 minutes walking (speed 4.0)
a few more minutes of walking (reducing speed) until i reach a total of 4 miles
100 sit ups (different kinds)
stretches
20 push ups (girl ones)

it's a fast workout, just over an hour but effective. and since you only run for 10 minutes at a time, it's not too boring and your heart rate stays elevated for longer than just running alone.

7) if there is a sobey's supermarche near you - go there right now. go to the frozen food section and buy the sobey's brand lean chicken and cheese meatballs. they are 100 calories for 4 and the tastiest meatballs i have ever had. last night i made dinner with sauteed broccoli, baby tomatoes and roasted red peppers from a jar, and six meatballs cooked in the oven, all drizzled with garlic salt and chili lime hot sauce. yum yum. i was hungry later though, so be warned if you try it at home.

8) last night i watched benjamin button and it was good.

9) in exactly one week and let's say 7 hours i'll be watching no doubt live WOOHOO!

10) in exactly one week and ten or eleven hours i'll be 28 instead of 27. noooooooooooooo! can't i stay young 4eva? will it help if i type like a youngster? 4eva? i think step one would be not to say "youngster." ;)

and one bonus - tonight i am planning on a swim, i think. i am going to try to attempt a morning run tomorrow. i'll have to get up VERY early but i want to get in the habit of running before work since i'm going to be training in the hot summer and want to run while it's still mildly cool outside.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

me and my "main squeeze" ( i love it that you say that) saw benjimen button too, it was TOO LONG, but really good.

Sarah said...

That is sooo awesome about the marathon!!!

And I'm jealous about the No Doubt concert :)

Jen said...

I WANT to see Benjamin Button...my boss ruined the end for me though!!! I should still watch it though....I think I just talked myself into it!!!

I BELIEVE Jaime is sending a message on FB about dinner on Saturday and Friday...whichever you choose!!! I will check when I get home (no FB access at work except for my BB) and make sure that one was sent to you!!! (or if Jaime reads this, then maybe she will know if she sent one!!!)

Jaime said...

Congrats on the marathon decision. You rock.

I just posted on the group wall about our plans. We didn't answer right away because we just figured it all out yesterday (thanks to Tasha!!).

Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I wanted to stay young 4eva too, but here I am, on my way to 31 in 2 months and 2 days. (I feel like the narrator on an episode of "Pushing Up Daisies"...I think that's what it's called). I agree, the first step would be to not say "youngster." :o)

What is Benjamin Button about? I remember wanting to see it, but my husband didn't, and now I can't remember why I wanted to see it.

Fatinah said...

can't wait to read about your marathon training!!

Unknown said...

The No Doubt concert rocked when I saw them in sunny Fresno, CA last month. Took my 10 year old step-daughter and she had a blast but it was a long night for her.