Friday, October 16, 2009

not much to say and night sweats

i don't really have too much to say lately.

on wednesday my bf and i went to this charity event hosted by george snuffalufagus - it was just down the road from me (which was our incentive for going). some other "celebs" were there as well. one of the servers was a contestant from canada's top model. sad that i recognize faces from season 2 (or whatever season that was!) there was lots of yummy food being served and my downfall - the open bar.

needless to say i didn't feel too great yesterday. i was supposed to run but decided to have a walk on the treadmill and read some magazines instead. on wednesday morning i did level one of jillian michael's 30-day shred and my thighs are still killing me. every time i get up from my chair i feel like an old man!

here is something i wanted to talk about: sweating during the night. lately, and for months now, i wake up in the night drenched in sweat. so much that i have to change my shirt. i've tried wearing different things, nothing at all, just a sheet as a blanket, light fleece blankets, a down duvet blanket, opening the door, closing the door (balcony door with fresh air), turning on the fan, turning it off. it doesn't matter what i do! what could this be? does anyone have any experience with night sweating? it's gross but a problem. i better not be going through premature menopause or something like that ... knock on wood!

10 comments:

Ashley Gibson said...

Are you on any medications? Have you tried taking your temperature when you wake up to see if you're running a fever?

I had terrible night sweats when I was on an anti-biotic for my Crohn's... My gastro was concerned I was running a fever which is a sign of inflammation

Anonymous said...

I doubt that this is your problem if you feel fine, but my grandma had that problem, and when she mentioned it to her doctor he tested her right away for tuberculosis, which she had.

Jaime said...

I totally get that too! Not enough to change my shirt, but enough to wake me up and make me feel gross. And this is new in the last year or so. I assumed it was something to do with higher metabolism due to my extra activity now? Suppose I should ask my doc but I always forget!

Fatinah said...

that happens to me if I drink too much wine. it is an awful feeling. sounds peri-menopausal to me.... but I have ZERO medical training and that is the only medical term I know! HAHA

certainly something to mention @ your next physical.

Angela Power said...

I love your cute cartoon pics ;-)

I have always been a sweat-er. Mine is most of my waking hours (doesn't matter what I wear or what I do, but it's always been that way. I go through phases when I am drenched in the middle of the night, but it comes and goes. I HAVE to sleep with the fan on and that makes a difference for me. I also have to wear some sort of cotton nightdress or PJs which seems to help more than if I wore nothing at all.

But it sounds like you've tried all of that! Hmmmm that is a stumper!

Carolyn said...

The charity event sounded like tons of fun. Mmmm open bar!

I would say you should definitely talk to your Doc. It could be a number of things and best to get a medical opinion....in my opinion. :)

Carolyn said...

The charity event sounded like tons of fun. Mmmm open bar!

I would say you should definitely talk to your Doc. It could be a number of things and best to get a medical opinion....in my opinion. :)

Anonymous said...

For me, the night sweats are from two things:
1) too much booze, and
2) (and this is a big one) HORMONES.
See if the sweats coincide with certain times in your cycle. Also, I find this happens (big time, sheet drenching, gross) when I have to double up on my pill (ooops), if I switch BC pills or otherwise mess with my hormonal BC. Defo something to think about.
sally

Amanda said...

I've been having the same problem with night sweats lately. I recently went on anti-depressants and that's the only thing I can think of that has changed. So, I'm blaming them. Have you changed any medication or anything? If not, I would bring it up with your doctor.

Anonymous said...

Hοwԁу! Thiѕ iѕ
kind οf οff toрic but I neeԁ some guidanсe from an established blog.
Іs it tough to set up уour own blog?
I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinκing abоut setting up my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Appreciate it

my web-site ... empower network blogging system review ()