Thursday, October 22, 2009

high intensity interval training

last night i tried some HIIT (high intensity interval training) and it kicked my butt.

it was a "short" workout but a tough one. i have a hard time doing shorter workouts. i need to get over that "what's the point?" mentality.


here's what i did:

5 minutes warm-up walking
2 minutes jogging speed 5.5 mph
1 minute running speed 8 mph
2 minutes jogging speed 5.5 mph
1 minute running speed 8 mph
2 minutes jogging speed 5.5 mph
1 minute running speed 8 mph
2 minutes jogging speed 5.5 mph
1 minute running speed 8 mph
2 minutes jogging speed 5.5 mph
1 minute running speed 8 mph
2 minutes jogging speed 5.5 mph
1 minute running speed 8 mph
2 minutes jogging speed 5.5 mph
5 minutes walking cool down
TOTAL: 30 minutes

by the end sweat was dripping off my face and at one point i thought i might be sick. i realized this morning i really am sick! dammit! my throat feels scratchy and no amount of water can quench my thirst. i thought that maybe feeling under the weather would decrease my appetite but so far that is not the case. double dammit!

I am pretty pooped this week. on tuesday i had a publicity event for work and then my bf and i went to see metric and the stills at massey hall. our seats were TERRIBLE. why am i always in the third balcony way at the side? we couldn't even see the stage! i'm going to think long and hard before i ever buy tickets to a show that venue ever again.

i am looking forward to the weekend. one of my girlfriends is having her birthday an afternoon ladies high tea party at the kind edward downtown. words cannot express how much i love high tea!

7 comments:

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

I LOVE Metric. One of these days when they come to the Peg I will actually be free to go :(

Fatinah said...

that sounds like quite a work out!

sometimes longer workouts are better, they are just longer.....

sure hope you feel better for high tea - can't wait to hear about it!!

Fatinah said...

ooops, I meant to write "AREN'T" better, not ARE....

Shirls said...

Feel like I couldn't have written most of this! LOL

HIT is ass kicking isn't it? especially when sick, poor girl! Hope you feel better and soon, take lots and lots of Vit C, seriously I do this everytime I feel the scratchy throat thing and most often I'm able to scare it away.

and High Tea??? freaking love, love, love High Tea! So jealous, don't suppose I could somehow magically transport myself across the country to crash your tea do you?

My fave place is Banff Springs, see?

http://shirls-spot.blogspot.com/2006/12/banff-hot-springs-banff-springs-hotel.html

fittingbackin said...

Great cardio workout! I hear you - I started feeling sick last night and have been bed-ridden all day today. BLAH!!! Feel better soon!

SeaBreeze said...

Sorry to hear you're sick. I LOVE Metric and am super jealous you got to go see them.

I'd love to test the HIIT again myself, but need to do it on my solo running days as BF doesn't enjoy sprinting.

Unknown said...

I hope you are feeling better by now. Boo. Sounds like a great workout though.