Tuesday, September 22, 2009

this is the big week!

am i ready for it? we shall see!

here is this week's training schedule of fun:

monday: 30 minutes running (complete)
tuesday: 30 minutes cross-training (complete - i did this before work today)
wednesday: rest
thursday: 30 minutes running
friday: rest
saturday: 20 minutes running
sunday: scotiabank toronto waterfront half marathon GULP.

i'm actually not that scared anymore. i've done the training. i've pounded the pavement. i've tried different drinks and food-energy sources during my runs, etc. i'm good to go. however, i am nervous about race-day and waking up on time, getting there, running in a pack, etc. i have never run in any race before at all. not even a 5k. so this experience is something completely new for me.

last night it was raining and i was sooooo tired (crazy weekend) so i decided to run on the treadmill. it was pretty boring until i did some HIIT for the last ten minutes. i did 20 minutes running at 6 mph, then did 1 minute 7 mph and 1 minute 5 mph for the remaining minutes.

in other news, i am thinking about starting a new blog. i've had this one for so long but i feel that my past entries are really a reflection of my diet/fitness lifestyle now. i am not trying to lose weight anymore and i haven't been for years. i am trying to maintain my weight, get rid of bad habits (yes, i have them hah!) and incorporate more good habits into my life. the only thing preventing me from switching is a) giving up my past entries and b) what if i lost readers in the process? what do you think? would you follow me?

9 comments:

fittingbackin said...

I would follow you! And you could always link to this blog on the side so people (and you!) can see your past entries, right? Great training schedule!

TotallyFried said...

Would love to follow up...

Best of luck for the Half. It will be FUN...

TotallyFried said...

Would love to follow up...

Best of luck for the Half. It will be FUN...

Post Grad Hair Cut said...

you bet I would. It's nice and sometimes necessary to start anew.

Jen said...

You are TOTALLY going to rock the half this weekend!!! I LOVE that you are jumping in feet first!!!!

And as for a new blog, ABSOLUTELY I would follow you!!!!

Jaime said...

Of course I'd follow you!! You were one of the first blogs I ever read and STILL read. Wuv you.

Jessica said...

I just found your blog and I LOVE the style! I would certainly follow it.

Good luck on the half! Sometimes I think about trying one. I am in the same boat as you are with the knee pain after long distances - I would like to do it once though. It is on my bucket list.

Unknown said...

I'd follow. Your writing always cheers me up and makes me laugh. Why not just link archives from this blog to the new one?

Fatinah said...

haha - good luck trying to lose me as a reader - I'll stalk you - I mean follow you anywhere!!